A pub turned home
Once an alehouse, supplying sailors from visiting ships to the quay below. Making its own brew, and (illegally) distilling gin behind the house. This stone terraced house was built in about 1775. They were built by the quarry-men, who supplied the big houses and churches with pure white Pentewan stone, the best in Cornwall. Converted in the 1960’s with bathroom and kitchen, staircase and a raised roof, it has been updated constantly ever since. It has a working open fire, TV and every convenience. Under the trees there is parking, seating and a Barbecue area.